Fire Sprinkler Inspection Department
Fire sprinkler protection equipment inspections are a critical part of a comprehensive fire protection plan per NFPA. It is imperative that all equipment and alarms function on a 24/7 basis to ensure proper operation during an emergency.
- Quarterly fire sprinkler inspection – Quarterly inspections focus on supervisory devices, gauges, and certain mechanical tests as required by NFPA.
- Annual fire sprinkler inspection – Annual inspections are a NFPA requirement, which includes a visual inspection from the floor of the exposed sprinkler system and thorough testing of all mechanical devices.
- Five-year inspections – Five-year testing is an additional NFPA testing requirement for certain types of sprinkler systems. The five-year inspection is an internal inspection of a portion of the sprinkler system piping and specific sprinkler valves.
At Commonwealth Fire Protection #CFPC we build, maintain, and provide emergency service, as well as perform inspections on thousands of commercial, industrial, and residential fire sprinkler systems in PA, NJ, MD, DE.
We inspect any brand of fire protection system including:
- Wet pipe automatic sprinkler systems
- Dry pipe automatic sprinkler systems
- Pre-action automatic sprinkler systems
- Deluge automatic sprinkler systems
- Anti-freeze automatic sprinkler systems
- Foam water spray systems
- Clean agent systems
- Diesel and electric fire pumps
- Back flow prevention devices
- UL testing of all sprinkler head types
- PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT inspect or service Ansul [kitchen] Fire Suppression systems used in restaurant environments.
We also offer fire sprinkler pre-inspection and post-inspection support including:
- Concise reports
- Timely delivery
- Correction estimates
- Emergency Repairs
What Our Customers Say…
“I have been using Commonwealth Fire Protection for several years now. They are always prompt in both responsiveness and service. Commonwealth works well with client schedules and special requests, and never forwards unwarranted change orders. I wish that all contractors were as easy to work with as CFP.”Jimmy Lindsey
Consolidated Medical Services, Inc.
About NFPA-25 Fire Sprinkler Inspections
A misconception exists that system / equipment “inspections” are only required to be completed once a year. To the contrary, NFPA-25 is a comprehensive standard that requires “Inspection, Testing and Maintenance” (ITM) be completed incrementally over the life of your fire sprinkler protection system.
Although reporting intervals vary among governing authorities, the fire sprinkler system owner is responsible for the entire “Inspection Testing and Maintenance” (ITM) scope of NFPA-25.